Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Gamrat Booted Over Facebook Post




By Brandon Hall
Email Him at WestMIPolitics@gmail.com

A Facebook post was apparently responsible for Speaker Cotter booting State Rep. Cindy Gamrat out of the House GOP Caucus as WMP reported this afternoon.

Gamrat just posted:

"I ran for office on a platform of transparency and accountability. Yesterday, I made a Facebook post regarding some thoughts on House budget bills that had already gone through public hearings before being passed by their respective subcommittees. I did this while in attendance at what had been described to Republican legislators as a “budget workshop.” Today I was informed that the Facebook post, attached below, was a violation of the sanctity of the caucus, and was told by the Speaker of the House that I was no longer welcome as a participant in the weekly Republican caucus meeting.

In no way did I reveal anything confidential from the meeting, and I have never violated the integrity of our caucus. I may disagree on issues with my colleagues, but I respect the trust between us. I was elected to be accountable to the hard working taxpayers of Allegan County and the state of Michigan. I will work diligently and independently every day for their best interests. I appreciate your prayers and support as I continue to stand as a strong voice for personal liberties, Constitutional rights, and fiscal responsibility, even if I must stand alone.

With firm reliance on divine providence,

Cindy"



1 comment:

  1. "sanctity of the caucus" - what makes Cotter think the Republican caucus is on the side of - goodness; purity; godliness. I have listened to Cindy speak and I would be more comfortable associating those terms with her as opposed to the Professional Political Parasites that occupy state government in Lansing.
    I think the Lady is a little too honest and that makes the PPP feel - jumpy; anxious and alarmed.
    I wonder who’s the next sacrifice on the holier than thou alter of the PPP.

    ReplyDelete