Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Welcome Back? Cindy Gamrat To Meet With Cotter Soon

 
State Rep. Cindy Gamrat (Photo by Darlene Dowling Thompson)


By Brandon Hall
Email him at westmipolitics@gmail.com


According to her latest "Inside Scoop" newsletter, State Rep. Cindy Gamrat will meet with House Speaker Kevin Cotter this upcoming week.

" I have still not learned of anything else regarding any further charges from the Speaker's office, but I do have a meeting set up with him next week," Gamrat said.

Here is her full comment on the caucus situation from today's newsletter:

Caucus Saga
"Last week I was expelled from the House Republican Caucus meetings and was told personally by the Speaker that it was because of the Facebook post I made while attending a Budget Workshop. I did not feel I revealed anything confidential and all budgets had already been passed in public subcommittee hearings. Here is that post:
Facebook_Post_-_Budget_Workshop_4_22_15.jpg


There has been a lot of media attention on the news, radio, and papers surrounding this as you can imagine. This does not interfere or prevent me from serving in my capacity as State Representative. I have still not learned of anything else regarding any further charges from the Speaker's office, but I do have a meeting set up with him next week. I may disagree on issues with my colleagues, but I respect the trust between us. I was elected to be accountable to the hard working taxpayers of Allegan County and the State of Michigan. I will work diligently every day for their best interests and to be transparent in my role as State Representative. I appreciate your prayers and support as I continue to stand as a strong voice for personal liberties, Constitutional rights, and fiscal responsibility."

It is widely expected that Cotter will invite Gamrat back into the caucus, and they will move forward...
   
Gamrat is optimistic the caucus can move forward stronger than ever. Here is an excerpt of a recent Gamrat interview with WMP:


At the end of the day, Gamrat is enjoying herself and believes some good may come out of the situation.

"There is something beautiful about this process" Gamrat said. "The people, the debate, even when I disagree with them, I enjoy it. I have no malice toward Kevin (Speaker Cotter) or Al (Pscholka) even though I vote "no" on most of Al's bills.

I am hopeful and optimistic that now the elephant is out of the room, and they're like "how do we deal with you?" and I am like, "how do I deal with all this?" that we can have an honest, frank discussion and move forward. I want to be transparent and accountable to my constituents while respecting my peers. It's a balance, it's a fine line but I think we have the potential to come together stronger than ever as a caucus as a result of this."

So, will Gamrat face a primary challenger?

"I just always expected that, since day one," Gamrat said. "I don't approach this out of fear.If voters are satisfied, they will re-elect me. I am working hard, and I hope I can earn their vote"

Read more about the situation below:

The PURGE: Daniela Garcia Pushed Cotter For Gamrat Caucus Removal

>>>State Rep. Cindy Gamrat Talks About Caucus Controversy And More In WMP Interview

Cindy Gamrat "Shocked" By "False" Cotter Confidentiality Claims, Expects To Rejoin Caucus

#StandWithCindy: Justin Amash Defends Cindy Gamrat On Twitter


Source: Planned Parenthood Reference Prompted Gamrat Purge, Cotter Will Invite Her Back 


TARGETED? Email Shows Cindy Gamrat's Facebook Post Was At Worst An Honest Mistake


Gamrat Booted Over Facebook Post


Breaking: Cindy Gamrat Kicked Out Of GOP Caucus


Candidate for RNC expelled from caucus


Tea party state Rep. Cindy Gamrat kicked from House Republican caucus 

__________________________________________________________________

Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics

Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com
Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment